Advantages of LED
- Come to full brightness with no warm-up delay.
- Frequent switching from on to off does not reduce life expectancy.
- LEDs have a lifespan many times longer than equivalent incandescent lamps (Up to 20+ years!).
- Are significantly more energy-efficient than most fluorescent lamps.
- Environmentally friendly, does not use tungsten or mercury, and they can reduce outdoor light pollution by directionally focusing light output for less spillover.
- Are available in many different varieties of color qualities, allowing you the choice to pick the best lighting color and hue for your room.
- Very little heat is radiated from LEDs, which can potentially save on energy costs for your home.
- Dimmable with a dimmer switch, without that incandescent flicker.
- Competitively priced (average of $5 per bulb).
Warm white light offer a more calm, relaxing, and inviting feel to your home. Cool white lights add a crisp, vibrant, modern vibe to the room. Color temperature has effects the feel of the room, please consider this when buying LED products.
These are general rules of thumb, but don't feel bound to these guidelines. For example, you could use warm white in your kitchen ceiling and lamps, and use cool white in working areas. As Pablo Picasso once said:
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.”